User-"made" quests and planets

Any ideas how to improve the game or the site.

User-"made" quests and planets

Postby Spacehamster » Thu 31. Oct 2013, 13:33

New persistent sectors (at least what magellan said about it - and realisation what only 2-3 sectors will be filled with special things) brung out my old idea about usermade content (quests, quest-chains, special planets, etc) editor (Well some of us don't need it) or just special thread(or subforum) where this quest/planets will be posted and where magellan can choose "best of the best" to implement.

something like:
-----------------------
specialname: Derelict_ship

Description when encounters: A ancient giant ship which slowly floats across stars for thousand ages.
[spoiler=]
Full desc: Ancient colony ship of "precursors" slowly fly in direction of sun - wanna to melt here. After docking player's ship locked down with energy field and crew need to find a console in floor 2 in order to turn off field. If player don't escape in *** turns, his crew gonna to fry like chickens (message about it come after few turns at ship).
Content:
3 floors:
floor 1: Docking deck: Some ships another luckless prospectors behind fields. Some random stuff (not artifacts). Some insane pirates\prospectors\mushrooms\robots.
floor 2: Cryo deck/Field controls: Field control console lies here. Many cryochambers (most broken). Cloning vats - constantly produce - insane genetic_damaged_mutated_humanoids without items who attacks player. Can be found some random equipment artifacts.
floor 3: Engine deck: Consist dangerous radiation level(Damaged generator). Airless (some walls broken). Robots. Here can be found lvl6 engines and 2 artifact consoles + few artifact-equipment items.
Dangerlevel: Deadly;
Rewards: some random generated artifacts; Few cryo; engine level 6;
Special notes: Can be founded in asteroid fields or near random stars, need some additional science officer lines.
Additional lines: "";[/spoiler]
-------------------------
Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Re: User-"made" quests and planets

Postby Happy Corner » Thu 31. Oct 2013, 17:48

User-made planets/quests would definitely be awesome. And let's face it, the more random planet types Prospector has, the better. The variety is already pretty good, but there's always room for more. Certain other roguelikes (DCSS and Cataclysm come to mind) have even assimilated some of their better user mods in the past, making them official parts of the game.

How easily mod support can be implemented in Prospector, however, is a different story. I'd definitely like it if Magellan could do it.
Happy Corner
Tribble owner
Tribble owner

Re: User-"made" quests and planets

Postby magellan » Sat 2. Nov 2013, 16:16

The way you make a special planet at the moment goes like this: You get the source, increase "lastspecialplanet" by one, and add the routine to make the new one at the end of make_specialplanet

Not at all userfriendly I am afraid.

That said, I am always open to suggestions. Just propably will have to implement them myself.
magellan
Pilot

Return to Suggestions