Advanced Character Creation

Any ideas how to improve the game or the site.

Advanced Character Creation

Postby WellingtonTheThird » Wed 18. Sep 2013, 00:45

Guess who?

You got it.

Once more I'm investigating possibilities within the game. How much more advanced do you plan to see character creation become? How much aspects of my character will I be able to control? Will I have a good scope of his mental nature, his physical appearance, a mixture of both, or will it stay the same? Do you have any new skills/traits in mind?

I love what has been done with the randomly generated creatures and the depth of their descriptions stokes a desire for complexity in my character's own depth. In the future might I be able to take negative traits in exchange for more points towards positive traits?

As always I'm enthusiastic to see what you have to say.
WellingtonTheThird
Redshirt

Re: Advanced Character Creation

Postby magellan » Wed 18. Sep 2013, 20:03

The 2nd menu is an attempt at a compromise: want to play a quick game just hit enter twice and you get a nobrainer option (+100 Cr) but if you want to play a "Character" you can do some customization.
So far I actually thought that asking for captains name and gender would be too much (Thinking of 2 names just to start the game? If it's that important to you you can change the name later, gender not so much, but maybe that should be an option if you rename someone)
magellan
Pilot

Postby WellingtonTheThird » Thu 19. Sep 2013, 15:59

You really see it as too much? I am not one to get in the way of someone's vision, but personally it gives me that much more of an attachment to my character. I suppose that is what I mean by advanced character creation. I just saw that it would be neat to be described in as much detail as some of the creatures I encounter, but I admit that there are more productive things that can be done.
WellingtonTheThird
Redshirt

Postby Masterski » Thu 19. Sep 2013, 16:52

I liked the way it was in 2.0.4 - just naming your ship and jumping in adventure.

Not that I don't like variety or complexity, but something else. When you start the game you get a crew, and I view each individual as a valuable member that has history with the team. They are in space for most of the time, side by side, like a family. You make decisions and control the crew, not one character. Couple of special traits of the captain is fine, but giving him too much attention would distinguish him from the rest, as if he's the only one that matters. (Well, technically he is, but you get my point of view.) Random names is also a good thing.

Masterski
Redshirt

Return to Suggestions