[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Some suggestions at new features R177

Some suggestions at new features R177

Any ideas how to improve the game or the site.

Some suggestions at new features R177

Postby Spacehamster » Sat 16. Nov 2013, 11:46

Prospector Nosound R177.
======
Just little suggestions from me. (Feel free to post here about how need to be adjusted new features of R177 ;) )
=====
1. Place "change captain details" at start of list (At "h)" it makes no sense(at least for me)). Also add a note what that for *free*.
2. New option to choose where you want to start - at station or random planet (not at special planet 1. :|).
3. In case of random planet - Make a check what that a planet not in big gas cloud. Screenshot + summary- the unluckiest prospector ever

More coming soon.
Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Re: Some suggestions at new features R177

Postby Frostfall » Mon 18. Nov 2013, 22:14

I'd like to be able to do something with all these abandoned ships that pile up over the course of superlong games. I mean, granted, they aren't exactly plugging the spacelanes, but after I've explored the sector I do have a number of the on various planets / floating abandoned in space.

How about a feature to convert ship conponents (sensors, shields, engine, weapons) into units of cargo like tech goods, and revising cargo prices a bit so you can actually cover more than docking expenses when you sell cargos like tech goods? The conversion bit could be implemented by expanding the dialogue that occurs when your awayteam steps on a tile with one of these components while exploring another ship, to include an option to scrap and convert the component. Stepping on the helm of the ship would allow you an option to scrap the hull, with an appropriate role maybe from the science team, and dump an awayteam back to the planet, removing the ship from the map if it was a planet that the ship was on - or popping you back to space in your own ship if you docked with a derelict.
Alternatively, since there is already a 'tow the hull to location X' quest system in place, maybe highjack that and allow the towing of non-quest, non-inhabited ships to a scrapyard or a to a statoin for scrapping.

I think this would be a neat little feature, but wouldn't want you to consider it if it would take more than five minutes of effort.
Frostfall
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Tue 19. Nov 2013, 09:04

Looks like you never actually tried to tow a random ship to a station :)
magellan
Pilot

Postby Spacehamster » Tue 19. Nov 2013, 10:47

Frostfall, why you didn't read prospector wiki before po... he he he... prospector wiki.

Almost forget what it pretty confusing, outdated and incomplete. Need fresh blood i think.
Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Postby magellan » Tue 19. Nov 2013, 14:36

Actually... now that I tried it out, it doesn't seem to be working. *blush*
magellan
Pilot

Postby Frostfall » Wed 20. Nov 2013, 03:44

It really isn't a big deal, believe me. Just throwing it out there since we've got this feature thread going.
Frostfall
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Wed 20. Nov 2013, 07:00

Oh, it's an excellent idea!
I even had it myself! And thought I had it working!
And thanks to your comment I tried it out and found it to not be working (And some stuff with tractor beams that also don't work)
I like the cannibalize for tech goods Idea too (And I didn't have that one) and will implement it.
magellan
Pilot

Return to Suggestions