[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Station/mega corp/planet colonization

Station/mega corp/planet colonization

Any ideas how to improve the game or the site.

Re: Station/mega corp/planet colonization

Postby gabeux » Mon 11. Nov 2013, 20:35

I, for one, always wanted to see colonization in this game.
And it's not required that you enter into planet colonization, you could still be just an explorer and ignore that part.

A game that let's you explore space, has factions and a living universe, let's you land on planets or walk inside your ship / other ships /stations, random events and features empire-building while you command your character and interact with the universe (instead of being a floating camera) would be something awesome that many people would look forward to playing, since it would appeal to different people that enjoys subsets of the features of the game.
gabeux
Redshirt

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Wed 13. Nov 2013, 09:49

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby Sebastian2203 » Wed 13. Nov 2013, 16:46

Well I was about to post similiar suggestion.

I partialy agree with everyone, something like this should be here but do not change game too much. Thats my oponion
Sebastian2203
Redshirt

Postby Frostfall » Mon 18. Nov 2013, 11:33

I see alot of requests for features and not alot of specifics about how it would be implemented. Lets see some finite state machines, people! ;)
Frostfall
Redshirt

Postby trapac » Wed 20. Nov 2013, 14:44

we leave the programming to the devs, im taking class's for programming soon if i can offer to help in anyway please let me know, your game has a hidden potential that i don't think anyone has realized.

yea after reaching super late game colonization would be awesome, and you would not even notice it early game. besides the planets actually getting bigger and Waring each other, being able to bribe company's into doing evil thing for you sounds cool aswell.

Reciving messages from npc's? in the universe like someone has a mission for you etc, someone bought items from your stores or shops on one of your planets or astoriods , being able to make military bases inside asteroids and make ships with metals and other parts on factiory pads, set crews to ships, and make them explore within gas range and come back to refuel( you must provide fuel for your ships)bringing back things or dieing on planets, going to check it out for yourself or sending your top elilte team to check it out, using food stock to supple your planets hunger, giving actual meaning to having money or buying anything if its not to blow someone up with.

In all you start off as a solo gun slinger going on to controlling the universe its all up to how you do, ofc the politics in the game would have to be figured out difference races / uniting under one banner or being enslaved by you or other races and extorted out of there natural resources till they advance and over trow you if they can that is( by sending ships to land on a planet and start extorting or killing depending on the ships crews settings, so having a 50 man drop ship or a alien mother ship you give to a elite crew and make it enslave planets and sending your crews on missions or saving your own crews in space before they die of hunger or eaten by strong monsters, also using your crews to patrol your planets or order patrol of planets, having a setting to be friendly or hostile with pirates just in case you are a pirate warlord yourself, having different factions of pirates and a bigger map makes this sex on the beach
trapac
Redshirt

Postby Sebastian2203 » Fri 22. Nov 2013, 13:12

Nice idea ! So to somehow ultra simplify what I think is best for this

ULTRA SANDBOX everything you do can affect anything..

Thats my 0.02 credits
Sebastian2203
Redshirt

Postby Frostfall » Sat 23. Nov 2013, 07:39

In my opinion:

Sandbox = good.
Implement everything that anyone could possibly think of = not so good.

I'm not sure that being a fleet commander or mega-corp executive really fit into the prospector game flow. I could see your actions having an impact on the power level or development of corporations, affecting their influence in the system. I could see investing in enterprising colonization/mining expeditions and reaping stock/cargo/mineral or other sorts of rewards as well as developing good standing with the new settlements as a result.

Being in charge of your own fleet or megacorp seems like a pretty big shift though from the current game model, and sitting in your big padded CEO chair raking in fortunes doesn't mesh well with the danger and exploration elements that currently drive the game, imo. :)

Edit: In retrospect - I feel I should point out that I'm not trying to shoot these ideas down. Or at least, that isn't what I intended my post to be about. I just mean to say that when you're looking at adding features, due respect should be given to the mood and theme of the game to make sure that the additions really fit in.
Frostfall
Redshirt

Postby trapac » Sat 23. Nov 2013, 12:58

By the time you reach colonization other planets and mega corps would have left you behinde
trapac
Redshirt

Postby Frostfall » Sat 23. Nov 2013, 14:09

I find your statement brief and entirely devoid of decipherable meaning, trapac. Could you find another way to express the message you were attempting to communicate here, 'By the time you reach colonization other planets and mega corps would have left you behinde'?
Frostfall
Redshirt

Postby trapac » Fri 29. Nov 2013, 15:13

By the time you actually have the money to actually start planet colonization, other NPC colonizes that have existed since the start of the new game start, would be way far ahead in the game making it a challenging start?
trapac
Redshirt

Previous

Return to Suggestions