Users and advertising.

Any ideas how to improve the game or the site.

Users and advertising.

Postby WellingtonTheThird » Tue 17. Sep 2013, 20:42

I've noticed the lack of users around the forums, but if I search for the prospector forums I find a different forum with a larger userbase. I used google for my search and to find this forum I have to go through RogueBasin, select the "Official Homepage" and then voila.

Is there any way to register the URL in google? Perhaps extending an invitation to Reddit?
WellingtonTheThird
Redshirt

Re: Users and advertising.

Postby phpbbadmin » Tue 17. Sep 2013, 21:01

Yep, that's the old one. There is also a larger wiki at prospector.wikia.com
This place here went live on Sunday (In both announcement forums you will see the parallel universe posts.)

Unfortunately wikia and freeforums are rather unfriendly when it comes to exporting stuff. (or i would have put the old forum on here as an archive)

There is propably a lot you could do with search engine optimisation (because at present there is none), but it's not really at the top of my priorities now.

Those priorities are:
1) Get a real release out on sunday for the Annual Roguelike Release Party.
2) Improve Wiki-Forum integration
3) expand the about thing slightly.
4) Install that social media login thing for phpbb so people won't have to register

I guess that people won't register here unless they have something to say. (You may notice that there haven't been any new posts on the old forum since sunday either)

So at the moment I am hoping that I can give them something to say next Sunday.
phpbbadmin
Administrator

Return to Suggestions