[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Import saves and lag?

Import saves and lag?

Ask the community if you don't know what to do, or how to do it.

Import saves and lag?

Postby canfigurelater? » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 05:15

Okay, I downloaded Prospector maybe half a year ago, and love it. It's very polished feature wise for such a seemingly underfunded and understaffed game, and the gameplay is fantastic. However, I just found the new site, and along with it the updates.

I downloaded the latest update, released yesterday:

Is it possible to import my saves from the very, very old version to this new version? One is extremely succesful and I'd like to keep it. And another thing, on the old Prospector, the game was incredibly smooth, and very responsive.

However, with the new version, moving is almost half a second behind: I press the arrow key, and half a second later, the guy moves. Is this a known bug? It's DEFINITELY not my computer, I have 8GBs of RAM, an i7, and an HD 5870- more than enough grunt to run this game.

So help please?
canfigurelater?
Redshirt

Re: Import saves and lag?

Postby magellan » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 09:39

savegames: I'm sorry :( I try as long as possible to keep them compatible, but once some datatype needs changing and or something new needs saving, it's over.
Import functions would be a hell of a lotta work!

Lag: You run this thing on better hardware than I do! And I am under the impression that it's even snappier than before! One thing I did notice though is that fbsound seems to wait until it finished playing the sound effect, and then goes on in the program (Something on my "Things to look into" list) Have you tried the nosound version?
magellan
Pilot

Postby canfigurelater? » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 14:00

Okay, that's understandable.

I'll try the nosound version and see if that works, or maybe it just needed a little time to figure itself out. I'll see. Thanks magellan!
canfigurelater?
Redshirt

Postby canfigurelater? » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 14:19

The lag actually only occurs when I'm moving the character not my ship.

It happened in both nosound and sound versions.

I realized it's only when the character is around other entities like animals or other npcs.
canfigurelater?
Redshirt

Postby HunterZ » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 15:18

HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Postby magellan » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 16:56

Oh? Must have imagined that then.
There is a lot of room for optimisation in the explore_planet part. Looks like I should do some of that then.
magellan
Pilot

Postby canfigurelater? » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 17:12

So any suggestions on the mysterious lag around other entities?
canfigurelater?
Redshirt

Return to Help!