[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - A couple of questions, mostly regarding Space Travel

A couple of questions, mostly regarding Space Travel

Ask the community if you don't know what to do, or how to do it.

A couple of questions, mostly regarding Space Travel

Postby FickDerRaumpilot » Mon 21. Jul 2014, 09:53

I've been playing this little game a couple of times now and overall, it's quite fun. My main grief with the game is that in many cases, I have some trouble grasping what it actually was that killed me. I'll just list some questions now:

1. Space travel - it often gives you...red events (like explosion in cargobay, direct hit on the bridge, minor malfunction etc etc) without saying what caused it. I have trouble grasping how to avoid them because of this. Another annoying thing is that those events often damage equipment like sensors, engine and shields in a way that seems to permanently downgrade them, meaning the damage can't be repaired at a space station, they just go back down to lv 1.

[Edit: Deleted 2. because I noticed I just overlooked a list of XP-granting actions in the manual. It's not complete, but it's pretty much what I was asking for.]
Last edited by FickDerRaumpilot on Tue 22. Jul 2014, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
FickDerRaumpilot
Redshirt

Postby FickDerRaumpilot » Mon 21. Jul 2014, 09:59

Let me add one to the drone thing, here's something I noticed while using the Gas Extracting Drone. The success or failure of a gas extraction with a drone seems to be unrelated to the pilot roll. I've had drones collect fuel on a failed pilot roll, and disappear on a successful roll. It seems like the pilot roll could either be dropped if you use a drone (if the drone is supposed to be autonomous) or needs to have an impact on the drone success/failure (if the drone is not supposed to be 100% autonomous).
FickDerRaumpilot
Redshirt

Re: A couple of questions, mostly regarding Space Travel

Postby FickDerRaumpilot » Mon 21. Jul 2014, 10:19

Let me add: The death message I get while flying around and being killed by a red message like "damage to ship structure" is usually "got blasted to atoms while trying to be a Pirate". However, I stole nothing and relation-wiseI am at war with the pirates and have good relations to the Corps, and there seems to be no attacker I can make out (by radioing, buying ship detection systems, etc).
FickDerRaumpilot
Redshirt

Postby Spacehamster » Wed 23. Jul 2014, 13:51

Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Postby FriskyTentacles » Sat 14. Feb 2015, 17:05

Explosions and such mean you need a general overhaul, as malfunctioning systems do this quite often.
Giant enemy goat.
FriskyTentacles
Redshirt

Return to Help!