[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Need a bit of help

Need a bit of help

Ask the community if you don't know what to do, or how to do it.

Need a bit of help

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 08:34

trying to figure out how to adjust screen size cause the bottom line of text is not on my screen
which as you imagine can get quite annoying

Also you should add a "Help" section to the forums, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting it

Last but not least Thank you so much for coming back, I was a Major follower of your game and actually checked that dead website every week or so hoping something new would show up
this game seemed like it was such a waste being abandoned i expected someone to make another version of it or something to keep it going but nothing
when i checked the basin and saw this i couldn't believe my eyes and instant jumped out of my seat happy as hell.
anyways Great new graphics and i love the new character creation set up
Now i know where all my free time is going for the next few weeks
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Re: Need a bit of help

Postby Masterski » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 08:56

Huh? What is your monitor screen resolution? o_o

You could try to set your windows resolution to higher setting, like, jumping from 1024x768 to 1200x800 roughly speaking, that should make things smaller and the window would probably fit.

Nothing else I can advice, sorry.
Masterski
Redshirt

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 09:55

~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 10:04

My problem is i can recall going into the config with notepad on 2.4 and could adjust something to make the screen fit, just cant remember for the life of me what it was exactly
maybe lowing the amount of lines?
idk I'm kinda clueless and a search on Google didn't help for anything.
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby HunterZ » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 14:40

I wish the config settings for screen size were more intuitive, like "tile rows, tile columns, tile height, tile width".

Or even "screen width, screen height, tile width, tile height" and then let the game calculate how many tiles per row and column it can render.

Or even just "screen width, screen height" and use the native tile size of the tileset.
HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 15:14

i agree, or atleast have a readme that explains what all the config stuff does. oh well i figured out how to fix it but i still wish there was a better way
i just move my taskbar to the right hand side of the screen

*Moved to the "Help!" subforum*
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Return to Help!