A few (probably common) Save Load bugs

If you encounter a bug, please let us know here

A few (probably common) Save Load bugs

Postby Sotha » Wed 25. Dec 2013, 13:07

The major one I experienced was while on the Eden planet with the Centipedes.

Whilst exploring the underground, trying to find the fabled nanomachine thingy, I saved and later reloaded my game.

The underground system was altered, former entrances and exists no longer existed. The atmosphere no longer breathable, with creatures asphyxiating. With no exits, I too died.

However even weirder was after loading the same save again. I was in space (probably a left over from dying as I note below) and upon scanning the Eden planet's surface found it's "surface" was now the underground. My guess is the game lost the coordinates/flags/data needed to recreate the original surroundings, only left with knowing I'm underground it randomly made a map for me, but treated it as the default surface however losing my ship's location.

Also, typically loading a save is pretty perilous, and odd.
After landing on a planet, the game saves my state before I landed, correct?
So hypothetically if I died on the surface, and reload my game it *should* be me in my ship at the star as it was before landing.
Instead I'm *usually* back at my ship, with the resources I collected, a wiped out crew (sans Captain) and fuel as it was before. Is that a feature? Or should I be in Before-Landing status?

However one time I was low on fuel and making a dash to a station, I huge line of interstellar clouds blocked the path so I chanced it, took damage, chanced it again, died. When I restarted, I was not at the last star system or station: I was dead, instantly. And though it was a cloud that killed me, the death message said a station killed me, as if I was a pirate. I also noticed it said I visited no planets nor special ones. Very odd.

Thank you for your tireless work on this gem!

ALSO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Sotha
Redshirt

Return to Bugs