[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - weird bug

weird bug

If you encounter a bug, please let us know here

weird bug

Postby omegablast » Mon 19. May 2014, 19:04

every tile is a tunnel entrance leading to the same cave level. i have the save file but can't seem to post it here as an attachment.
omegablast
Redshirt

Re: weird bug

Postby SoPissd » Mon 19. May 2014, 23:21

that sure is weird! put it up on google drive so or send it to straight to magellan.
SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby omegablast » Tue 20. May 2014, 01:41

and now i have one where my destroyer can't be repaired or overhauled back to 30 hull. Man im just gonna send these in.
omegablast
Redshirt

Postby SoPissd » Tue 20. May 2014, 17:13

i think you can only repair up to the armor-class below what you paid for. could that be what you're seeing? if so, you can chill, its of type of problem that can cause the #6 issues elsewhere.

just grin and bear that one .. and promise the enemies that you'll be back at them .. at about the time that they stop blowing themselves up if you just let them come ;)
SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby omegablast » Tue 20. May 2014, 21:08

haha but they aren't weak enough for that to help and if you mean the different armor types the destroyer comes with 30 hull when it has the weakest armor but i cant get it past 28. It is like irreperable damage to the hull or sonmething. I'm gonna see if i can fix it by getting a new destroyer and hopefully upping its armor immediately.

I also have another issue that i call the vanishing equipment bug. seriously 3+ improved stasis cages disappeared and had to be replaced before i could get back to catching things. no save file cause im not even sure when it happened but i did have a full inventory
omegablast
Redshirt

Postby SoPissd » Thu 22. May 2014, 17:05

afa the game knows you can have something like 25000 out of 4 billion unique items on you, so ;) it might have seemed like the inventory was kinda full with it always snapping back to the first item when you go sell stuff. but it really wasn't full, 'technically', i'd bet.

i'm curious if you would agree that you thought you had bought those stasis fields and took off .. only to realize that you had something else.. but not what you thought you'd bought.. maybe cages but not stasis units. ... i ask cause that is another known off-by-one error which doesn't cause a #6. ... if you can make things disappear that you've actually seen in your inventory then please keep an eye on how you're doing that. have not seen that happen cause good code all around.

:)
SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby SoPissd » Thu 22. May 2014, 17:49

SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby omegablast » Mon 26. May 2014, 03:10

unless space monsters or alien ships count i doubt it. and as for the inventory bug i don't know but i theorize that they may have decayed as a stack on a corrosive planet(not acid-proof)

also i was thinking and a save editor program of some sort may be helpful for bug tests. that and not doing the whole overwriting existing save for each char thing. I know its a roguelike but being able to compare save files could help a lot
omegablast
Redshirt

Postby PaulTB » Sun 8. Jun 2014, 18:26

My theory was that normal armor damage can be repaired, but 'structural damage' means your chassis is fucked and your ship can no longer be brought back to pristine condition. :D
PaulTB
Redshirt

Return to Bugs