[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Design Flaws

Design Flaws

If you encounter a bug, please let us know here

Design Flaws

Postby FickDerRaumpilot » Tue 22. Jul 2014, 08:05

FickDerRaumpilot
Redshirt

Re: Design Flaws

Postby FriskyTentacles » Sat 14. Feb 2015, 16:41

Well I'd imagine this is using circular distances, wherein the sensors wouldn't reach into the corners as they where farther away.
Giant enemy goat.
FriskyTentacles
Redshirt

Re: Design Flaws

Postby ThatOneGuy » Tue 17. Feb 2015, 01:07

Just adding to this, since it does seem more a design flaw and not a 'bug':

Space stations can be 'invaded' by pirates and some creatures, that's agiven. Usually they just crowd outside the station forever until your player discovers them. Unfortunately one of the creatures that can appear happen to be the multiplying fungus, which if you don't notice as soon as possible can quickly overrun all station tiles and any path back to your ship. The longer I play in one galaxy and continually go to all stations, the more often this happens.

Side note: I would looove the option to help fund a station towards additional tech/shops/defence against this and attacks from ships or even just fund ship scanners for them, whatever the dev decides to do. Seems pretty unrealistic for a space station to accept pirate ships to dock or alien lifeforms. >,< Hell, the day you can start creating your own space station with crew as a long term step-by-step goal will be glorious
ThatOneGuy
Redshirt

Return to Bugs