stock market

If you encounter a bug, please let us know here

stock market

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Wed 13. Aug 2014, 22:01

So it seems whenever i buy 50 stocks of any company, their stock value goes all the way down to -2m+
Not sure why this happens or what, ive completely mapped everything and im pretty much running out of stuff to do so i decided to hit the stockmarkets and try some trading but yeah thats not working out so well lol
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Re: stock market

Postby SpazMan777 » Mon 8. Sep 2014, 01:25

I can back this up.
Seems when the stocks pay dividends, it feels inclined to do it in a very game-ending-mean way.

For reference, I tried to purchase more than 50 several times (More like 1,000) but it never let me have more than 50. Perhaps attempting to buy more than available is the downfall here?

SpazMan777
Redshirt

Postby zeuscalius » Sat 14. Mar 2015, 03:02

stock market seems to eat up extra money.
if i buy more then 50 stock it says no more stock but takes my money anyways.
I noticed a similar thing with cargo crates too, if you tell it to send luxury good (from a map crate) to you cargo and your cargo is full it destroys the cargo on the map, meaning it is now lost empty

sorry this is in version R 197
zeuscalius
Redshirt

Postby Seraph » Sat 14. Mar 2015, 05:39

I'll confirm that r197 still has a stock market glitch involving a massive negative number value. Also that you pay for shares you cannot possibly receive over the cap of 50.

As far as that cap goes, I've been assuming that each 'share' is a percentage of the company, and that the limit is to effectively limit you from having a majority and technically being able to make decisions regarding that MC's activities and presence. Am I in the neighborhood? It'd be useful to know that kind of fluffy stuff for filling out wiki pages.

And on the unrelated note, it would be nice if things that add to your cargo didn't destroy themselves when your cargo is full. I mean, you should know if you've got full bays, but having a load of cargo or a turret or whatnot destroy itself because you were wrong is pretty harsh. It's not like that stuff gets destroyed because you had to move it about too much.
Seraph
Redshirt

Return to Bugs