r197 Crashes and Bugs

If you encounter a bug, please let us know here

r197 Crashes and Bugs

Postby Seraph » Sun 8. Mar 2015, 23:38

Figure I can use this as a place to post bugs and major problems I've encountered, rather than eighteen million threads all by the same starter.

Firstly, a poker crash.

I'm not sure what's causing it, as the error log is suspiciously blank of detail, but as near as I can figure I'm getting a fatal exception when NPCs join the table - which they do, every hand. It doesn't crash immediatly, but this comes up pretty quickly once you start playing. I haven't gotten more than five consecutive hands done, I think. It might be keyed to one particular NPC name/file...but I don't think so. Save below.

Next, a problem with space combat v. pirates. I don't have a save for this, as after restarting the file enough times post-crash, pirates seem to have completely disappeared - can't find a single ship.

I suppose that's good, though, because every time I fire on or am fired upon by a pirate ship, my ship's name becomes "{shipclass} ????" and from there I can no longer land on or dock with anything without provoking a fatal error. I'm not sure but I think it could be related to having blank bounties, as I have more than a few of them from hammering OBE and SHI for patrol quests in the beginning.

Now, for things that aren't necessarily crashing the game, but are problematic all the same...
-------------
-On the subject of blank bounties, should the game have a cut-off on max bounties active, so that it isn't trying to spawn bounties when it can't? Especially if they cause problems, but at the least because it's really really immersion-throwing to be offered a bounty for " " for 0cr.

-Keybinding conflicts out of the box aren't good - it's a mistake I think you're better than. That should really get sorted before next release, because a player that is forced to reconfigure controls before ever beginning, is going to question beginning in the first place.

-Purchasing Battleship at planet-side Lost and Found credited me with the cost of the craft, instead of debiting it. (I got free money. 35k worth. And can trade back and forth from LT to BS and make 33k every time.)

-Station-3 has been destroyed in my file - other stations should know that and not send me off with cargo bound for a station that doesn't exist anymore.

-A turret found in an abandoned alien ship, that identifies itself as a " . ". I'm sure if I tried to take it, it would crash the game hard. I could split a clone save and see what it does if needed.

-The game is bad at IDing male/female and assigning appropriate names and gender identifiers. I keep getting guys named Rebecca, and that's weird. Even for space.

-Stasis fields don't seem to work right, holding only 1 creature each, the same as a cage.

-Pack-in manual's information is outdated, plainly wrong at points (repairs are more than 100cr, everywhere), and generally less helpful than it could be. (No, really, how does space combat work?)

So yeah, lots of stuff. I hope some of it is helpful.
Attachments
square deal.zip
save, crash save, and suspiciously blank error log for poker CtD
(121 KiB) Downloaded 926 times
Seraph
Redshirt

Return to Bugs