Some bugs I encountered

If you encounter a bug, please let us know here

Some bugs I encountered

Postby Komisario Naamapalmu » Sun 16. Aug 2015, 17:26

Here are some bugs I have come across. Many are double posts with previous reports. Some of these might be difficult to confirm.

Invisible barrier at the vertical joint of the planet's map

What I mean is that there seems to be a "seam", just like the map had been rolled and the two ends joined with tape or similar. I have noticed some peculiar behaviour along this seam: clouds seem to gather at the seam, forming a long column 1-3 tiles deep. Monsters seem to be unable to cross the seam, and shooting over the seam is unpredictable: either the game doesn't register monsters as suitable targets (repeats "select a target"), my fire always misses or there is a long, vertical line of destruction around and behind my prospector team (maybe 3 tiles deep; destroys vegetation and kills monsters).

Inventory management problem

When selecting a specific item for a team member, one of the mineral resources is selected instead (select laser rifle > carries palladium instead).

Human team members wearing Squid suits

Sometimes it seams humans can wear squid suits, but I'm not sure about this

Monsters stop moving when fired upon

Most monsters are affected by this. Fast robots still keep moving, but blade bots seem to stop. This might be due to intentional game mechanics, but probably needs tweaking.

[b]Fast robots stack in one tile[/b]

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it can be confusing.

Monsters occupy the same tile as the prospector team

This probably happens mostly when moving down to a cave or to another cave level and can be confusing. I think I also had some fast robots spawn under the prospector team in one of the large abandoned city worlds. Again, with fast robots, this might be intentional.

When moving down a natural cave, the team can sometimes spawn within a robot room

I don't think this is intentional behaviour. If the room is full, the team has to kill a lot of the robots to be able to back down the cave entry tile.

Entering some of the ancient alien shipwrecks spawns natural caves instead of ships

This is probably intentional, but I'm not certain. There is another problem: there is no visible entry tile (natural cave) on the first level of these caves. The tile is invisible, i.e. it can be accessed. Another way to exit is to blast a way through the edge of the map.

Items disappear from the inventory

I don't know what the circumstances are, but I've lost plasma rifles, disruptors, adaptive armours and at least in one occasion a disruptor cannon (ship weapon).

"Order item" functionality is quirky

The shopkeepers seldom seem to know about the items I'm requesting, such as flood lights. I have tried different spellings, but I haven't tested this behaviour extensively.

Disjoined sections in caves

This is probably at least partially intentional.

Disjoined sections in the crystal planet cave

I could map only half of level 2 in the crystal planet cave, since there were no secret doors or other passageways leading to the second half. This, of course, may be intentional, and I simply wasn't able to solve some puzzle or other :P. Somehow I still think it is a bug connected with above.

Crashes in high-enemy-concentration special planets

My games have crashed typically when fighting multiple enemies on the crystal world and in places with lots of robots. Therefore, the reason could be either in the planets or the battle system.

Sometimes the bulk of the monsters on a planet are spawned pretty much on the same tile or very close together

I'm not 100% sure about this, though.

When boarding a ship and firing on the tile where your ship is docked, the ship icon disappears

This happens when the airlock is destroyed, leaving only a black tile. The ship can still be accessed, though, it's just no longer visible.

When boarding a ship and a monster walks on the tile holding your ship, the monster is not displayed

With this I mean the ship icon is visible, but the monster (in my case, one of the crystal monsters) cannot be seen, only the messages indicate your team is being attacked. This happened to me at least one.

People aboard small space stations spawn outside the station

Glitch turns part of the small space station (walls, floors and the space beyond) into water tiles
This happened when I visited the station the second time.
Komisario Naamapalmu
Redshirt

Re: Some bugs I encountered

Postby Komisario Naamapalmu » Thu 20. Aug 2015, 05:44

Forgot to mention these are for r197.

Anyway, another bug: sometimes when checking broken computers the science officer rolls a success, but cannot still figure out the artifact. This happened to me in the deep robot complex with scout ships.

Towing alien scout ship hulks to major stations has no effect. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I tow them to the station tile, then dock at the station. The hulks remain towed.
Komisario Naamapalmu
Redshirt

Return to Bugs