[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - some newbie questions

some newbie questions

General discussion about Prospector

some newbie questions

Postby youtoo » Mon 9. Dec 2013, 21:44

1. how do you increase morale? I read at the manual. Raise wages, and go to 'peaceful planets. does anyone know the effectdiveness of this? looks like any fighting at all lowers morale. But this gets lots of XP. do you guys just set really high wages? When I hire entertainers, I get 'some people like this', but no movement on morale. When i go to a station where someone has family or a girlfriend, i get messages, but no movement. Its alot easier to lower morale than raise it.

2. the talents you get when you start such as haggling. Is it possible to get these skills during the game? Or is it just at charcter creation? I dont get an option to pick skills when I level.

3. so when i level i get more HP. Does anyone know how much better staff gets such as gunners for each level? or for my chance to get fuel at a gas giant?

4. i can add comments on the map. Can i add comments to the log book? The type is large. I want to note when i find stuff to trade, etc on worlds. Logbook is a better option.

5. is there a way to remove augments so i can change them?
youtoo
Redshirt

Re: some newbie questions

Postby Spacehamster » Wed 11. Dec 2013, 06:56

Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Postby bearblue » Wed 11. Dec 2013, 07:09

On happiness:

Never underestimate the power of a Tribble.

I've noticed when I had at least one on board the crew stay happier longer. I tend to buy more when I know that I might be headed toward shootier waters. I also scale the pay up by 1 or 2 points, (but don't go in too much too fast...) Raise it slowly as you level up. Make sure that you're getting a consistent income so you don't fail to pay. And, when you have to rehire, hire at level one; except for maybe Pilots. A good pilot can make such a huge difference on landing and keeping satellites and running away and successfully dealing with gas giants .... (Oh, and if you're going to deal with gas giants, get a fuel scoop or miner).

Just saying.

All IMHO, of course.
bearblue
Redshirt

Postby youtoo » Wed 11. Dec 2013, 17:27

when I saw tribble it sounded like the fury creature from the original star trek. I thought those multiplied really quickly in the show. I thought they were one of those typical roguelike gotchas. thanks for the tip.

so it looks like when you start you should add as many talents as possible and have no gold left. since you only randomly get them at level up.

as far as manual...

rlprospector.googlecode.com/files/Manual.pdf‎
youtoo
Redshirt

Return to General discussion