[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Compiling on Win32

Compiling on Win32

General discussion about Prospector

Compiling on Win32

Postby HunterZ » Sun 22. Sep 2013, 22:21

How do I compile prospector from source on Win32?

I tried downloading the latest win32 versions of FreeBASIC, FreeBASIC-ext, and FreeBASIC fmod/freetype/jpeglib/zlib libraries.

Following the instructions on the old forum ( http://prospector.freeforums.org/how-to ... it=compile ) I am able to compile, but when I put the prospector.exe over the top of the contents of 01.09.2013prospector.zip (the newest development build I could find) and run it, the game window is completely black.

Do I have to use some specific old version of one or more pieces of the toolchain or something?

Would it be possible to get some more official instructions, preferably on a wiki page on the google code project site? Thanks!
HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Re: Compiling on Win32

Postby phpbbadmin » Mon 23. Sep 2013, 10:30

If you are compiling the latest source upload R163, it's propably because of missing files. I am going to post a new pre-release this week, which will include it.
phpbbadmin
Administrator

Postby HunterZ » Mon 23. Sep 2013, 15:13

HunterZ

Postby magellan » Tue 24. Sep 2013, 10:07

That's mainly for historical reasons.
I never really wanted to make this open source, but wanted to use the nice features on googlecode, so I kinda sorta had to.
Later i found that the repository is a nice offsite backup, since googlecode crashes a lot less than my HDDs. :D
magellan
Pilot

Postby Vak'tezraj » Wed 25. Sep 2013, 22:13

Do you plan to find an alternative method to googlecode, given that you'll quite inevitably be unable to make new downloads or downloadable data available to others? It's already been set up so that 'new' projects can't create any downloads. The total download halt will be January 2014, unfortunately.

Are there any planned alternatives?

EDIT: Meep. I see that colonies.bas doesn't exist yet. I know this isn't exactly the place to be prying into that, but may I ask what it is going to do in the game?

On another note, is there a way for Prospector to be run without compiling the .bas files into an .exe? I mean... I am (unfortunately) still learning my way around this XP environment, and I realize that compilation prevents wholesale copying of code architecture, but would it not be easier to [spoiler] seek help from another Kiith [/spoiler] externally house game code? If Prospector ran as a noninternalized executable, would it not conceivably be possible to implement a self-adjusting .bas load list so that users can toss in new game rules (i.e., a drop-constructed manufacturing unit that takes precise amounts of certain elements and uses them to produce replicas of provided equipment) and expand the horizons of their experience a little further?
Last edited by Vak'tezraj on Thu 26. Sep 2013, 04:17, edited 3 times in total.
Vak'tezraj
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Thu 26. Sep 2013, 01:47

Oh?
I didn't know that.
Looks like i got this place just in time! :D
So the alternative is the one you are looking at right now. (Also welcome!)
magellan
Pilot

Postby Vak'tezraj » Thu 26. Sep 2013, 04:49

The irony, Magellan, is that the announcement was made through Blogspot.
Vak'tezraj
Redshirt

Postby HunterZ » Thu 26. Sep 2013, 14:31

Google is suggesting that downloads can be hosted on Google Drive. In the comments section of the linked article, some other download hosting services like bintray were also mentioned.
HunterZ

Postby magellan » Sat 28. Sep 2013, 14:50

magellan
Pilot

Postby HunterZ » Sat 28. Sep 2013, 15:50

HunterZ