[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - A few questions

A few questions

General discussion about Prospector

A few questions

Postby Grungeking » Fri 2. May 2014, 20:24

Let me start by saying I'm quite enjoying the game thus far, though now that I have a better handle on it and am not dying all the time it's somehow less fun :D

Anyways, I'm wondering about XP and promotions. I started my Captain with 3 tough, and grabbed the metabolism 3 implant before getting any promotions. I've only promoted twice I think, I only saw one but I figure the math there adds to the 10hp I have. I'm sitting at 100xp, and I tried to train like 20 times to no avail. My exp does not seem to increase anymore either. It would seem that I can't level for some reason, and all I can think is that the HP doesn't want to go up anymore. Are the promotions tied to HP? If I was to promote up till I was at 10hp and then implant the meta, would I go over 10? Or am I just missing something?

The squidsuit, this thing is weird. It never equips itself if there is anything else available, even if it's far superior. The description makes it sound like a human couldn't wear it anyways, but it'll go in a slot if I mess around and auto equip isn't on.

Ahh...There was something else that I can't recall now. Oh well, any insight into just these problems would be great.
Grungeking
Redshirt

Re: A few questions

Postby magellan » Fri 2. May 2014, 21:03

Heya grungeking:
The formula for leveling up is
Random number (From 0 to XP)+ 2(if has a neurocomputer) > 5+ HP^2
So yes, 10 HP would make the target number 106, and I *think* there is a max XP of 100. (Maybe it's time to look at that part of the code again ...)

The squidsuit is not for humans, it's for squids ;) You shouldn't be able to assign it to humans. Thanks for pointing that out, will fix :)
magellan
Pilot

Postby Grungeking » Fri 2. May 2014, 21:13

Ah great, thanks for the quick reply!
Grungeking
Redshirt

Postby SoPissd » Sat 3. May 2014, 02:16

its faster if you don't boost their hp at first. the learning implant hurts, err, isnt needed if you shoot things for the xp. yes your cap'tn and others can go over 10hp. i have a crew at 13 13 12 13 12 15 14 14 14 14 ... 2 pilots. the last 4 are snipers. medics level slowly for me. i have them at 6 5 5 5. bastards. security leveling seems broken, so use snipers. i loyalty chip the crew and aim for 5 10 20 40 60 of them. everyone gets the best stuff and the mark 3 metabo and exo implants. that works for me.
SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby Grungeking » Sat 3. May 2014, 16:56

If the loyalty chip doesn't do anything besides morale I'll pass on those. I'm having no trouble at all with that, everyone is constantly at : D .

When mushroom guys attack a little station it seems the people multiply by a great deal, but they don't seem to attack the invaders or get attacked themselves.

Stocks currently seem like a cheat, they jump from 700 to 5000 with no inbetween as far as I've seen and the changes happen rather quickly.

My science officer is level 5, and I have both mechanical and electronic lockpicks but all my lock checks are at -2. Were they much worse than that before? How can I get them positive? It's not a big deal, but it's annoying to have to try a bunch sometimes.
Grungeking
Redshirt

Postby Grungeking » Sat 3. May 2014, 17:18

Grungeking
Redshirt

Postby Spacehamster » Sun 4. May 2014, 16:18

Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Postby SoPissd » Sun 4. May 2014, 18:35

SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby PaulTB » Sun 4. May 2014, 18:42

Increase base wage to 12. Your crew will love you.
PaulTB
Redshirt

Return to General discussion