[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Fullscreen

Fullscreen

General discussion about Prospector

Fullscreen

Postby plume » Thu 7. Feb 2019, 00:42

I've been playing this on and off for a few years now, and absolutely love it. Upon installing to a new superpowered laptop and remembering that I had to configure the resolution on the last one to take up as much of the screen as possible and set my wallpaper to completely black, and move all my icons that were at the edge of my desktop to the middle so they weren't visible at the edge of the window that WAS visible, and changing the colour of my windows titlebars to black just so I could get the most immersive experience I could, without a dedicated Fullscreen mode... I thought "Was a fullscreen mode ever implemented?" Was it? I've taken a peek through the forums and it seems it wasn't, but apologies if I have missed a post explaining a solution :)
plume
Redshirt

Re: Fullscreen

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Sat 13. Jul 2019, 01:25

To my fullest degree of knowledge, no there has never been a fullscreen mode, i think mainly because its a simplistic game that wasn't really designed toward screen size detection and other things games generally are optimized for. However I don't think it would be too hard to do it, Magellan probably wont set it up and if he has it may have done what many other screen and graphic optimizations have done in the past and cause bugs, glitches or uncharacteristic lag, most of the time roguelikes do not lag but in the case of prospector, certain things, especially those related to screen adjustment seemed to make the game non responsive to commands, so you would try to move in one direction and it wouldn't respond so you would do so 30 more times, then all 30 commands take place, your character starts walking in to a mountain for 30 turns and then your oxygen gets spent and you die.... anyways that's what occurred back in 2015 when we last messed with those things
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby plume » Sat 3. Oct 2020, 17:05

Okay, a couple of years later and ANOTHER laptop upgrade saw me doing my usual routine of checking for Prospector updates, being inevitably disappointed, and having another go at getting as close to fullscreen as possible. This time I have mostly succeeded! by using the "Borderless gaming" program I can get it borderless windowed, with no taskbar at the top, with only a 1cm gap at the bottom (same size as the taskbar). I change my wallpaper to black so that gap is hidden... (my taskbar is set to autohide as default) and I have fullscreen! Woohoo!
plume
Redshirt

Postby aazard » Mon 4. Jan 2021, 12:40

Here is a 2021 full screen Gift I use in Prospector R210 (I have fixed sound BTW)

DxWnd - just Alt + enter = Full Screen/no taskbar

https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2835
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/files/

d3D Windower - "true" Full screen via setting "always on top"

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/file ... r-english/
aazard
Redshirt

Return to General discussion