[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Current state of affairs

Current state of affairs

General discussion about Prospector

Current state of affairs

Postby magellan » Wed 9. Oct 2013, 14:59

Hi all!

It's been a pretty busy week so far, and I didn't get much done last weekend either.
I am hoping to get a new release out the coming weekend.
A bit more patience please.
magellan
Pilot

Re: Current state of affairs

Postby magellan » Sat 12. Oct 2013, 17:30

Why is there no linux version yet you ask?
Because I am an idiot when it comes to linux!
I got the freebasic compiler running, but the extended library prospector uses still refuses to work.

(And yesterday i did something really funny:

sudo apt-get remove freetype*

It was like watching HALs breakdown in 2001! (Seriously: don't try this at home unless you really want to reinstall your OS))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8N72t7aScY
magellan
Pilot

Postby HunterZ » Sat 12. Oct 2013, 18:27

Ouch, yeah don't do that!

I accidentally removed a critical package from an Ubuntu install once, and had to download it manually on another computer and then reinstall it by booting an Ubuntu install disk and chrooting into my existing install to reinstall the package.

Anyways, I've got some time right now so maybe I will try to poke at it.
HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Postby magellan » Fri 8. Nov 2013, 10:01

So let me update this:
It's been again a rather busy week, and I hardly managed to look at the code at all, other than some minor bug fixes. I want at least to take a look at the "ghosts" issue xxxalphamalexxx mentioned, before releasing a new version. (There is some stuff not working as it should there)

I am hoping I will find some time this weekend.
magellan
Pilot

Postby magellan » Wed 25. Dec 2013, 13:12

It's been 2 very busy weeks on the job for me, and very little time was left over for work on prospector.
I am still tugging along though, hoping to get a few bugfixes out the door before new year (again).
Right now I am working through spacehamsters list, and would like to thank him publicly for his hard work.
magellan
Pilot

Postby Spacehamster » Fri 3. Jan 2014, 20:29

Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Return to General discussion