[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Compiling on Linux

Compiling on Linux

General discussion about Prospector

Re: Compiling on Linux

Postby magellan » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 10:00

Wow, you have been busy while i was sleeping.
Thanks for all the help. I can compile it now, and propably will manage to get an experimental release out today or tomorrow.
Again, thanks for the help, propably wouldn't have gotten this far without your input!
magellan
Pilot

Postby HunterZ » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 17:18

No problem, it was really only around an hour's worth of effort. What are your thoughts on the FMOD and keybindings screen issues?
HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Postby phpbbadmin » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 17:20

I was lazy and just compiled the _nosound version. :)
Keybindings were funny enough working fine for me.
phpbbadmin
Administrator

Postby HunterZ » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 18:50

Hmm. Will be interesting to see how your build runs on my Linux box, then.
HunterZ

Postby magellan » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 09:01

I too await with abated breath on info on how this thing behaves on other machines...
magellan
Pilot

Postby HunterZ » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 13:47

Cores (crashes) when trying to view keybindings.

I also get the following error during sector generation:

0.3 Error #2 in 671:ALIENNAME /home/mm/Arbeitsfläche/Freebasic/rlprospector/texts.bas
0.3 Error #12 in -1:ALIENNAME /home/mm/Arbeitsfläche/Freebasic/rlprospector/texts.bas
0.3 Error #2 in 671:ALIENNAME /home/mm/Arbeitsfläche/Freebasic/rlprospector/texts.bas

Note that the path is not a path on my machine, so it may be something mistakenly hard-coded into the game.
HunterZ

Postby HunterZ » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 14:35

Last edited by HunterZ on Sat 19. Oct 2013, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
HunterZ

Postby magellan » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 14:40

Yup. The .txt files where missing in the nosound downloads (For windows and for linux. A mistake I made in the script I use to make the downloads) (I just updated the files)

And now I am getting the crash on keybindings too. I took a quick look at the function i saw that it uses two "while not eof" loops. Since both files were made with the default windows editor, could it be that they don't end properly, causing the crash?
magellan
Pilot

Postby HunterZ » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 15:29

Not sure. What are the filenames? It may be worth running dos2unix on them to convert the line endings just to see what happens.

If it helps, it looks like the crash happens sometime after keybindings.txt gets regenerated, because I tried deleting it between runs to see what would happen.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the new build is playable for me, except for the keybindings menu crash.

Edit 2: The crash is happening somewhere in the code that reads keybindings.txt, as I put sleep's in various places and counted the number of times I had to hit a key before the crash occurred (I don't know how to draw debug text on the screen at the moment).

Edit 3: It's happening somewhere near the time that it finishes parsing the file, because I put a sleep inside the loop and had to hit a key many times before it crashed. Converting line endings from CR/LF to LF-only didn't help. Removing or adding blank lines from/to the end of the file didn't help either.
HunterZ

Postby HunterZ » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 18:55

Last edited by HunterZ on Sat 19. Oct 2013, 20:31, edited 5 times in total.
HunterZ

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion