[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Prospector 0.0.3 R165

Prospector 0.0.3 R165

Announcing the latest release

Prospector 0.0.3 R165

Postby magellan » Sun 29. Sep 2013, 12:39

0.3 R165
+ Major and Minor bugs fixed
+ new speed system
+ additional eye candy by david gervais

Main known Issues:
Rovers are still buggy
generated quests are still buggy

Aside from bug fixes and the new speed system it's mainly eyecandy. I hope I will find time next week to give the rovers and finally the quests a good debugging run.
magellan
Pilot

Re: Prospector 0.0.3 R165

Postby Happy Corner » Sun 29. Sep 2013, 15:09

Hot damn!

I took the liberty of adding this to the new announcements on . That's how a lot of people find roguelikes these days.
Happy Corner
Tribble owner
Tribble owner

Postby d12 » Mon 30. Sep 2013, 11:15

HOW WHAT WHERE?!!!
Great news I just found out you guys are still working on Prospector! It was because of the roguebasin releases feed. Great job Happy! Or else I wouldn't know, since I check my emails like, never.
This is great news and I only found out because there was this newly released roguelike, Approaching Infinity, that is really really similar to Prospector, so I went to roguebasin to check out the link for Prospector main website, to post on that games development blog, and BANG! Really good news guys.
http://ibol17.wordpress.com/

Anyway I really look forward to playing the new release and I really wish I could contribute to Prospector more, im such a lazy slacker, but I love this game.
Way to go Matthias! Always wish you the best!
d12
Redshirt

Postby Masterski » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 09:15

New graphics are good, I like how lava tiles were made. Although there are certain tiles that I prefer the low graphic version(2.0.4):

1. Mountains. Because they were grey, looked same style and had different height - low, average, high. Now they all take most of the tile.
2. Human Player. Old one looked more realistic and brutal, where new one looks clumsy and unhappy, and also looks like he can barely fit into tile (faaat) :D .
3. Seamless frozen water/water tiles.

Performance decreased dramatically. Not sure why, but playing now is not so smooth and movement feels laggy comparing to R135. Because of that lag, I ended up in the centre of the rocks one time, with no way to escape. I didn't have the jetpack so technically It was impossible to get in that situation.
Trying to Autoexplore makes it completely unplayable. (And this function doesn't work that well I think.)

Could the lag be the new Speed thing? :|
Masterski
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Tue 1. Oct 2013, 16:14

magellan
Pilot

Postby Kaet » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 15:14

Holy poopiedooks I've wished for this to happen for so long!
I was about 90% sure this project was dead. I'm so glad I decided to check up on it again.
Kaet
Redshirt

Return to Announcements