[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Thursday Tuxedos Mandatory! Windows & Linux release

Thursday Tuxedos Mandatory! Windows & Linux release

Announcing the latest release

Thursday Tuxedos Mandatory! Windows & Linux release

Postby phpbbadmin » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 17:06

Hello,

we have a new download!

Title: Prospector Nosound
Description: Some bugfixes, no sound version
Category: Windows
Click to go to the download page!

Have fun!
phpbbadmin
Administrator

[NEW] Prospector vR170 0.3

Postby phpbbadmin » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 17:09

Hello,

we have a new download!

Title: Prospector
Description: Some bugfixes
Category: Windows

Have fun!
phpbbadmin
Administrator

[NEW] Prospector Nosound Linux vR170 0.3

Postby phpbbadmin » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 17:11

Hello,

we have a new download!

Title: Prospector Nosound Linux
Description: Linux version. experimental. Please let us know if you run into any problems.
Category: Linux

Have fun!
phpbbadmin
Administrator

Re: Thursday Tuxedos Mandatory! Windows & Linux release

Postby phpbbadmin » Thu 17. Oct 2013, 17:17

Hi guys!

Here is the current code, precompiled, now with more linux versions!
If you try the linux version, please let me know if it is working, and what packages you needes, etc...

Have fun!
phpbbadmin
Administrator

Postby magellan » Sat 19. Oct 2013, 14:42

Turns out the windows nosound version and linux version where missing some essential files in the data folder. I just updated the files.

we apologize for the inconvenience

Edit: Also nosound versions now have the new logo (Thanks again to David Gervais!) and the tractorbeam bug fixed.
magellan
Pilot

Postby d12 » Sun 20. Oct 2013, 16:47

I played this version yesterday and it looks great! Congratulation on fixing the major issues. I see this is getting better every day.
You fixed the planetside message spams, like snow. And also the problem with entering tunnels, that is really good.
The game is also much more stable, I played for 3 hours and it didn't crash.
d12
Redshirt

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Tue 22. Oct 2013, 21:10

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby HunterZ » Tue 22. Oct 2013, 22:15

I got sound working in Linux and sent the info to magellan, but I don't think he's had time to look at it yet. If anyone is itching to get their hands on a Linux version with sound, PM me your email address.

The sound library I used also has Windows support, so I got a Windows build working with that too. This means nothing to end-users, but it makes things more convenient on the source building side of things (and frees Prospector from the clutches of the closed-source fmod library).
HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Postby magellan » Wed 23. Oct 2013, 20:18

I am not entirely sure if I really fixed the spam-message problem.
I might have overshot: The routine that was generating most of the spammy messages now is only allowed one message per call.
Of course this means that if it gets called 10 times, each time it only gets to tell the player the first message that happens. That might be the same message each time, and messages further down get less and less likely to be displayed at all.
I changed that today to 1 message of each category, which is propably a better solution (I think).

Almost thursday again, I mainly fixed minor bugs this week. If I don't release an update tomorrow morning, I propably will on Friday. And thanks to HunterZ it will be windows-sound, windows-nosound, linux-sound and linux-nosound. :)
magellan
Pilot

Postby HunterZ » Wed 23. Oct 2013, 21:04

magellan:

Did you get my email about the missing pi->pli changes in poker.bas?
HunterZ

Next

Return to Announcements