[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Is there "adventure" in this game?

Is there "adventure" in this game?

General discussion about Prospector

Is there "adventure" in this game?

Postby ianpwilliams » Tue 24. May 2016, 16:14

My first impressions of this game were that it was pretty boring, as you'd just go to planets and run around scanning them (and frustratingly getting stuck sometimes because there's no pathway through to the next bit), picking up the odd mineral here and there, and then returning to space stations to sell them, and repeat.

But from watching playthroughs online and from playing the game a bi more it seems that maybe there is adventure to be had, as there are quests that you can get from space stations (I recently received a quest to find a planet with some kind of robot factory), and that there are sometimes underground areas to explore etc, which might be more interesting than surface exploration.

Part of the appeal of space exploration games is the sense of exploring and discovering, which is why the idea of just "prospecting" put me off. So is there adventure in this game?
ianpwilliams
Redshirt

Re: Is there "adventure" in this game?

Postby Justaround » Sat 28. May 2016, 15:37

There are random quests provided by stations, there are special only semi- or hardly procedurally-generated planets which provide special events and quests and there's overarching galaxy-spanning adventure, not as much given to you directly through some quest, but upon which you stumble when playing long enough, by noticing what events happen around you.

Justaround
Redshirt

Postby ianpwilliams » Sun 29. May 2016, 16:57

Thanks, good to hear
ianpwilliams
Redshirt

Is there "adventure" in this game

Postby JeffreyOrask » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 07:01

i log in and load survival

if survival loads for me, i load my first game 99 of the time in like less than 4-5 seconds
JeffreyOrask
Redshirt

Postby Sebastian2203 » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 13:31

I hope you are not a bot.

There is always chance that Magellan will come back.
Even thought it looks like he is having race with Jesus who can come back the slowest.

Still I got my faith. (And my info).
Sebastian2203
Redshirt

Return to General discussion