[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Resizable Screen and Full Screen

Resizable Screen and Full Screen

Any ideas how to improve the game or the site.

Resizable Screen and Full Screen

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Mon 28. Oct 2013, 18:27

Hello, Recently i was showing a friend prospector and when he couldn't alt enter for full screen I noticed that was something that largely bothered him, and it does kinda bug me too for some reason nearly every other game (Aside from all the Roguelikes) I have played has either the ability to adjust screen size to fill the screen or full screen mode, so I was curious if this is possible and if you ever have considered it, I mean I know windowed mode is pretty much a Roguelike thing but its always something I wished for prospector.
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Re: Resizable Screen and Full Screen

Postby d12 » Tue 29. Oct 2013, 19:47

I think one of the difficulties of Prospector and roguelikes in general to be full screen is scaling the ASCII characters or the tileset.

I think it would be easy to implement a fullscreen blank background without actually scaling the game screen, but it would reduce visual clutter around the game too. Might satisfy most of the players too.
d12
Redshirt

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Wed 30. Oct 2013, 19:25

yeah I am not suggesting changing the actual game tile size, just being able to adjust the window size so it can fill the screen
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Sat 2. Nov 2013, 16:19

Funny enough Windows XP can do fullscreen, Win7 can't. (Not sure about linux, haven't tried)
To make this issue a bit more normal I would have to switch to a different graphics library, which would be quite a bit of work.
magellan
Pilot

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Sun 3. Nov 2013, 13:06

Darn
Oh well maybe some year :D
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby ianpwilliams » Tue 24. May 2016, 16:19

Did anything happen with this? Is there not a mod or something which could allow fullscreen, even just with no window border and the rest of the screen in black? I note that it is possible to resize the tiles:

I'd really like to play this game on my 50" TV, but it's a plasma screen so I would get image retention from the window border and desktop icons etc if I tried it. But if there could be a borderless fullscreen version then that would be fantastic.
ianpwilliams
Redshirt

Postby Maenethal » Mon 29. May 2017, 22:38

If you are using windows, just use the Magnifier. Search for "zoom" in the windows search bar.
Maenethal
Redshirt

Return to Suggestions