[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Sell abandoned ships?

Sell abandoned ships?

General discussion about Prospector

Sell abandoned ships?

Postby Maenethal » Thu 25. May 2017, 22:54

I can't sell any abandoned ships I come across (with the original crew dead.) I also had some salvage from the weapons confiscated because I "didn't have the documentation." This is really freakin' dumb. You should be able to declare that the crew was dead and get salvage rights on the ship. Maybe pay a fee for a "salvager license."
Maenethal
Redshirt

Re: Sell abandoned ships?

Postby magellan » Fri 26. May 2017, 17:06

It's possible to sell salvaged ships.

As for the confiscation I am not so certain. There are several things to consider:
1) You got a free ton of weapons/techgoods for a single roll, and you lost it by a single roll
2) Routine inspections don't happen that often
3) You can saveguard against this by buying cargo shielding and you could also sell the parts on a planet

But you gave me an idea for a new Item: Blank cargo docs. Could be sold by some of the seedier individuals in the sector, or obtained by doing quests for station commanders and merchants. I can imagine them working in two ways. You quickly fill one out when the inspection comes aboard, or you need to do it in advance.
They would be rather cheap but not that easy to get, since you are not supposed to have them :)
magellan
Pilot

Postby Maenethal » Sun 28. May 2017, 12:14

I tried selling them to the used ship salesman, but he says "You don't own this ship" or something.
Maenethal
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Mon 29. May 2017, 06:23

Oh. That's a bug then. That message is supposed to be shown when there are still living humans on the ship. Looks like it just checks for humans, not if they are living or not.
I think I have fixed it but still need to test that. Thanks for letting me know.
magellan
Pilot

Postby Maenethal » Mon 29. May 2017, 11:50

Push the release and I'll let you know :)
Maenethal
Redshirt

Postby Maenethal » Sat 3. Jun 2017, 16:42

Any chance we can get a bugfix for this, Magellan?
Maenethal
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Mon 5. Jun 2017, 15:44

magellan
Pilot

Return to General discussion