[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Questions

Questions

Ask the community if you don't know what to do, or how to do it.

Questions

Postby rayres » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 03:18

I have been playing this for awhile now and have some questions:

1. What is the maximum experience points a character can have at one time? In an old post it said 100.

2. I don't want to hire a paramedic because they can't fight well in combat. What happens if I have 2 or more doctors? Scientists?

3. Is there a real point in getting my science skill to a really high level? Does it affect sensors?

4. How often do I have before a person retires? Is it a long time? My pilot at skill lvl. 5 has talked a bit about retiring, and I don't want to have to hire one starting at skill 3 then working his way up. I don't want to use loyalty chips. Do even the elite units I get from the merc. planet consider retirement as well?

5. Is there a limit to the number of cryostations I can have? Do they keep adding to my max. crew?

6. Once I start doing missions for corporations, do they become more dangerous/lucrative? Are these the best way to find pirates to fight? I haven't had too many pirate attacks. Does it have to do with my affiliation with Triax Industries? Or, perhaps I could ask merchants about pirates? However, I am NOT ready to fight pirates just yet, as my ship is pathetic!

7. Can I explore planets which have a corrosive atmosphere using rovers? I noticed that my equipment starts to corrode, and I assume it can be destroyed.

8. I have been playing for 400+ days, and I don't think my captain has aged yet! Is this a bug? What is the maximum age?

9. I am busy saving for my battleship and to arm it. Taking on pirates would provide easier money, I assume?

10. Is there a limited # of passengers wanting transportation to other stations? This paid $11k for one trip!
rayres
Redshirt

Re: Questions

Postby HisShadow » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 08:18

2.As i remember - no reason to have lower tier officers. And paramedic just 1 from usually 10 or more, it didn't impact too hard.
3.I belive it's collect more biodata, and probably even resources. Plus you have higher roll on trying to fix abaddoned vessels on surface. It's better scan on surface, also sensors affect this. Well you can more easily comunicate with aliens, what lead to faster capture them or gettin alien trinkets from them for sale.
4.I'm not sure you crew can go retire, instead on low morale(low wage, many death, etc) they can leave you when you board on station.
6.I'm not sure, but probably it's will help to find pirates by have ship detection system, or probably to have cargos to let em find you.
7.In earlier versions it's really get destroyed, but in current version as for suits i found they just use more oxygen compsuntion, when damaged, and probably lower armor. My weapons starting corrode too, but never was destroyed, probably it's only affect it's damage and accuracy, or need more time too do so, anyway suits get repaired after returning to ship, probably items too. Don't know about rover, is it will be corroded or no.
8.Not sure age play some role for now, just cosmetic thing.
10. Yeah, so easy money i'm note ) probably need to be nerfed.
HisShadow
Redshirt

Postby PaulTB » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 08:57

PaulTB
Redshirt

Postby HisShadow » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 09:02

HisShadow
Redshirt

Postby PaulTB » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 10:00

PaulTB
Redshirt

Postby HisShadow » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 10:41

Ah, sorry, i'm wrongly say about officer - i needed to fire old officers after i get new ones.

Well use get a drink provide some useful thing ), i can't remember, but probably smthg else from passenger, but for sure not so useful.
HisShadow
Redshirt

Postby Spacehamster » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 13:38

Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
Spacehamster
Pilot

Postby Snorrsen » Wed 12. Dec 2018, 20:37

A new question here, as that thread seems suited for that:

where can i get any tier 4 ship? the 3 stations sell only up to tier 3, and not even all of them (only the troop carrier and the tier 3 combat ship; i was lucky to find a drifting explorer i could take over).
Is there any kind of alien shipyard for that cause? or some hidden human shipyard?
Snorrsen
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Thu 13. Dec 2018, 09:38

First of all welcome!
There is a planet side shipyard somewhere in the sector. It's the only place you can buy tier 4 ships.
magellan
Pilot

Return to Help!