[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Post your most interesting missions here

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby magellan » Mon 4. Nov 2013, 15:51

magellan
Pilot

Postby coldnar » Tue 5. Nov 2013, 20:01

Just found an abandoned Heavy Explorer on a barren ice world along with a disrupter and adaptive bodyarmor. Somehow managed to repair it with only a +3 bonus. Now to save up for equipment for a serious away team.
coldnar
Redshirt

Postby Sebastian2203 » Thu 7. Nov 2013, 16:49

Well after hours of playing this I no longer consider myself noob...

I was playing as Pirate. I noticed when I put some emotion in my away team, its always easier for me to win but it hurts more when I lose. So what was happening:

Pirate base was nicely hidden on nebula border, and 5 space tiles away there was inteligent civilization. They had problems with tech and they were trading tech goods for luxury goods. So I could easily exchange tech goods for luxury goods and sell it on pirate base. Like this I managed to get alot money. I upgraded my ship, I bought some weapons and I encoutered few cargo ships and learned little bit more about fighting.. ( I obviously win those encounters). Somewhere in turn 1500-2000 I decided to challenge pirate leader to fight.. He was very dumb or I was very clever, his aggressive approaching of my ship maked it easy for me to damage him with my engine farts, and I easily finished him/her (?) and wow.... 100K I was so happy I bought some hi tech asteroid and retired...

My most sucessfull run ever.
Sebastian2203
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Fri 8. Nov 2013, 09:57

Nice! Congratulations, bloodthirsty bastard (Though it looks like it was mostly trading, but what's the difference between trading and piracy really besides the corporate logo on the ship? :)

[Still working on finding the middle of the road between "Always runs through engine exhaust/Never runs into engine exhaust]
magellan
Pilot

Postby bearblue » Thu 14. Nov 2013, 04:25

After finally getting refitted to a decent Heavy Transport, the Fly Me captain and crew whizzed through space, successfully taking a chance on a wormhole. After some planetary discovery, they garnered several cool new adaptive suits, and a disintegrator raygun. Better firepower allowed them to conquer the sentient worms, but the spacemen were apparently too dumb to refill at a station. Attempting to refill at a Gas Giant led to death by Giant Jellyfish. Yep. You heard me; Really Big Tentacled Death.

Man. I love this game. :D
bearblue
Redshirt

Postby trapac » Fri 29. Nov 2013, 17:20

started a new game with the new update, loving the patrol missions, also the insects who love mushrooms :D
trapac
Redshirt

Postby trapac » Sat 30. Nov 2013, 16:38

Found a alien scout ship whats up homies *happy grin*
trapac
Redshirt

Postby bearblue » Mon 2. Dec 2013, 05:58

The captain of the Beauty Queen retired in deep debt after a short debut into exploration. The crew basically abandoned ship and left the captain to fend for herself at station. Unable to afford passage to a civilized planet, the captain became a local shopkeeper, married and lived to a ripe old age. Hey, at least this one survived...
bearblue
Redshirt

Postby bearblue » Fri 6. Dec 2013, 02:07

The good ship Happy Go Lucky had three tries at success. All three times she encountered ships lost in space. All three times, her crew died by alien hands. But all three aliens were unique; Mushroom, Avian, and Robotic.

The Happy Go Lucky is retired.

The good ship Atum had a great crew. Lots of successful journeys with oodles of cash. Then one day the crew discovered an alien bomb and decided to see what it did. The crew and ship became atoms on a devastated planet, one stripped of all life, all water, all...just all and everything.

Thus endeth the last two ships.

I wonder what will happen next...
bearblue
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 16:28

magellan
Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Mission summaries