[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - R185 is it june already???

R185 is it june already???

Announcing the latest release

R185 is it june already???

Postby magellan » Sun 1. Jun 2014, 19:01

Hi folks!
The last few weeks at work where quite hectic (I got promoted of sorts), and I didn't have as much time to work on prospector as I would have liked.

So all in all a lot less happened than I would have liked, but here it is:
R185
+ New Item: Spacesuit repair kit (Usable by hitting either the (h)eal or (i)nspect key)
+ Removed another trigger for planetside menu that wasn't supposed to be there.
+ used ships and custom ships work now
+ No more looping maps that shouldn't loop
+ polish: Switched no spacsuit question so you now have to confirm if you want to land without spacesuits.
+ Some crash bugs fixed (Firing grenades towards map border, spacecombat sound version)

So, get your fresh prospector copy, and lets hope things calm down a little workwise, so I can get again a little work done!
dm_eds/dmedsdl.php

Have fun!
magellan
Pilot

Re: R185 is it june already???

Postby HunterZ » Sun 1. Jun 2014, 19:20

Google Code commit link for anyone that is interested: https://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/ ... tail?r=185
HunterZ
Conqueror of the penguin planet
Conqueror of the penguin planet

Postby SoPissd » Mon 2. Jun 2014, 07:29

Good timing.

Its a new month and I've updated my repo with a month's worth of changes to prospector's fundamentals. there are no game play changes and you'll need to be at least as smart and handsome as m to be able to compile the new branch into a working game. but everything is there. flickerfree full screen mechanics. menus (shops etc are all menu) that work, remember and scroll properly, tons and tons of unrecognized defects were made right, dependencies were eliminated to the degree that one can almost build just the bits that one's working on; the sources were refactored and named so that people new to the code can track what's happening. all global vars/types/consts/enums were eliminated and put into their proper places .. and on and on and on.

the new branch's history is quite a mess due to all the changes and renames but with a decent editor and diff tool it should not take much to merge the deltas now that the heavy lifting has been done.

i was going to do a few more things and call the branch 'edible' since the code is so much more consumable now - check the github stats just to see how much work that actually took! but that's all for now.

pm me here if you have gotten the everything to compile and have questions on how to make it all work together. the link to the repo is in my profile.
SoPissd
Redshirt

Postby Justaround » Tue 3. Jun 2014, 15:06

Congratulations on the promotion, Magellan. Hopefully you'll find some strength and time to continue the work on the game soon. As per friendly reminder, not accusation - be aware that there are still many bugs reported in the forum and not resolved since version R183 up. I'd like to humbly suggest going through them as a priority.
Justaround
Redshirt

Postby coldnar » Wed 4. Jun 2014, 02:25

Sweet! Thanks for making Prospector better all the time.
coldnar
Redshirt

Postby SoPissd » Wed 4. Jun 2014, 10:52

SoPissd
Redshirt

Return to Announcements