Abandoned ships on planets

Ask the community if you don't know what to do, or how to do it.

Abandoned ships on planets

Postby OldManPopo » Mon 2. Mar 2015, 05:00

Hello! New Prospector here, I've played a few times through now with each ending in disaster... But I'm getting better!

As with most Roguelikes I pick up and try, I always wind up with some questions.

In this case, it has to do with the abandoned ships I keep finding on planet surfaces. It does a repair check when you step onto the tile and on a couple of occasions, I let the 24 hour timer tick down and then..... Well.... Nothing. I was hoping I could successfully repair the ship, transfer my components and such over and take off in a newly discovered, repaired and stolen ship that's bigger then my previous. Heck, I found a cruiser that I made a successful repair roll on, and was bummed I couldn't take off in that beauty.

What's the deal with that? I wind up having to go inside and tear apart those beautiful Tier 3 shields and systems for spare parts. I'd much rather have the ship. :D
OldManPopo
Redshirt

Re: Abandoned ships on planets

Postby FriskyTentacles » Tue 3. Mar 2015, 15:14

I had the same issue, I think the repair check is to open the door?
Giant enemy goat.
FriskyTentacles
Redshirt

Re: Abandoned ships on planets

Postby OldManPopo » Fri 6. Mar 2015, 06:16

When the repair check succeeds, it says "The repairs will take X hours" and then a timer starts up if you approve the repair. You can still walk inside the ships if the repair roll fails. The only thing I can come up with is that it makes all the components inside fully salvageable? I don't know for certain.
OldManPopo
Redshirt

Return to Help!