[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4702: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Prospector - A roguelike in space www.prospector.at • View topic - Prospector runs slowly???

Prospector runs slowly???

Prospector runs slowly???

Postby RogerTheShrubber » Wed 9. Oct 2013, 17:11

First of all let me just say that this game is fantastic, I played it a lot a couple years ago just before it was no longer updated and became supremely buggy. I must say I like what has been done to it since then, but I am having a problem in that it runs quite slowly, which is an issue that I have not really had with any other roguelike, even DF. The instances in which I have this more often than not occur while I am landed on a planet, often there are frequent meteor crashes on said planet, and sometimes the issue is so bad that I have to wait almost 2 seconds for every turn. The reason this is so surprising is the fact that this issue was 100% nonexistent back 0.2.4. I am having these problems on both my desktop and my laptop, so I do not believe it is my computer. In any case, I would like to know if anyone else is having similar issues and/or if they know how to fix it.
RogerTheShrubber
Redshirt

Re: Prospector runs slowly???

Postby Masterski » Wed 9. Oct 2013, 18:30

Masterski
Redshirt

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Thu 10. Oct 2013, 01:13

Moved this to the "Bugs" section, though it is a question it still addresses a bug.
Thank you for taking the time to talk about it, it has been a pretty common issue in the recent release and I suspect its probably going to be fixed soon.
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt

Postby magellan » Fri 11. Oct 2013, 13:01

Thing is the system uses 10 segments for space movement, but that was too grainy for surface stuff, so I upped it to 100, which was a bit much.
20 seems to work fine, especially if you don't redraw the screen if nothiny you can see happened.
magellan
Pilot

Return to Fixed