What do I do?

Ask the community if you don't know what to do, or how to do it.

What do I do?

Postby ianpwilliams » Sat 5. Sep 2015, 16:35

I've tried playing this game a few times because I love both roguelikes and space. But I'm always instantly at a loss as to what I am supposed to be doing, because there is so much choice. I start on the space station and there are so many things I could choose to buy. Then there are characters I can speak to, which I'm guessing might help me to get quests. Then when I launch and explore space I come across various star systems so I start scanning etc, but I don't know if I am better off landing here or there, especially when there's oxygen and atmosphere to consider etc. So it's always a bit overwhelming and I usually end up giving up, but I'd really like to get into this game and enjoy it as much as other people seem to.

So can anyone give me any general tips as to what I need to be doing in order to get up and running and really get into the game?
ianpwilliams
Redshirt

Re: What do I do?

Postby Arek_PL » Sat 5. Dec 2015, 20:58

While this game can look complicated at start (but belive me, its realy easy when compared to some roguelikes) light scout is good start, go on planets and collect resources. If you can get imp. mining bots get it, they are expensive but they quickly generate profit.

After you have stable source of money start thinking how you can upgrade your ship or awayteam
Arek_PL
Redshirt

Postby ianpwilliams » Sat 5. Dec 2015, 21:17

I'm actually playing a different roguelike at the moment, but I'll certainly bear that in mind when I come back to this one.
ianpwilliams
Redshirt

Postby ianpwilliams » Wed 11. May 2016, 11:39

Ok, returning to this game now. Played a few games but couldn't get into it. So I watched some YouTube videos and I can see the appeal when the planets are of the more interesting variety, with aliens to possibly talk to etc, I just get bored when I'm just mapping a boring planet (which I guess most people do).

But is the aim still just to earn as much money as possible and then retire? In which case it would be a case of trying to retire with more money than on all previous attempts? In which case does the game get harder as you progress, or is the difficulty progression random as well?
ianpwilliams
Redshirt

Return to Help!