Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Post your most interesting missions here

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby canfigurelater? » Sat 7. Dec 2013, 20:07

The Firefly was on a wonderful mission.

Until it found a little troop transport in space.

There were worms.

I mashed the arrow keys.

I am now here.
:|
User avatar
canfigurelater?
Redshirt
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat 7. Dec 2013, 05:09

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Ifailatgaming » Tue 15. Apr 2014, 19:40

i guess i'll tell the tale of how i got a battleship in my best run so far, i'd stopped playing for a few months and loaded a save, i noticed a battleship on the map and went there, as soon as i got there i found out that it was full of crystals, strangely enough these crystals were neutral and didn't instantly murder me in my low levels, i talked to them and they were quite rude, but upon seeing the opportunity i did what any sane person would do, i headed to the nearest station and bought a crudload of anesthetics, it took around 4 runs each giving me around 2000 credits each, that save got me to my highest credit amount, found a ton of thick adaptive armor and desintegrators, such a shame the save got eaten by bugs ;(
Ifailatgaming
Redshirt
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 2. Jan 2014, 21:54

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Wed 16. Apr 2014, 12:14

Ifailatgaming wrote:i guess i'll tell the tale of how i got a battleship in my best run so far, i'd stopped playing for a few months and loaded a save, i noticed a battleship on the map and went there, as soon as i got there i found out that it was full of crystals, strangely enough these crystals were neutral and didn't instantly murder me in my low levels, i talked to them and they were quite rude, but upon seeing the opportunity i did what any sane person would do, i headed to the nearest station and bought a crudload of anesthetics, it took around 4 runs each giving me around 2000 credits each, that save got me to my highest credit amount, found a ton of thick adaptive armor and desintegrators, such a shame the save got eaten by bugs ;(


Ah, thats a harsh go. Last go, i basically was going around with 300k, considering retiring when i ran into a ship and thought to myself " eh what the hell is a few more credits" walked in and got fungied, soon the lag of all of them making actions drove my character to the back of the ship where i basically shot about 100 before they managed to kill my gunner than the rest of my crew soon after, which is odd as ive beaten the little buggers without a strong character before.

Welcome to the forum man, if you need any help, i check in every couple of days so feel free to ask any questions.
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
User avatar
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue 1. Oct 2013, 07:35
Location: Washington State

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Ifailatgaming » Wed 16. Apr 2014, 21:20

XxXAlphamaleXxX wrote:Welcome to the forum man, if you need any help, i check in every couple of days so feel free to ask any questions.

thanks, it was pretty sad considering that that was the game with the "best" special planets and loot. just a shame i always got terrible rolls on repairing alien ships, and yeah that lag is a character killer, so many turns one after the other, one good reason to hate the fact that commands stay in a buffer till it's your turn
Ifailatgaming
Redshirt
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 2. Jan 2014, 21:54

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby XxXAlphamaleXxX » Thu 17. Apr 2014, 10:15

Ifailatgaming wrote:
XxXAlphamaleXxX wrote:Welcome to the forum man, if you need any help, i check in every couple of days so feel free to ask any questions.

thanks, it was pretty sad considering that that was the game with the "best" special planets and loot. just a shame i always got terrible rolls on repairing alien ships, and yeah that lag is a character killer, so many turns one after the other, one good reason to hate the fact that commands stay in a buffer till it's your turn

Yeah that has always been a big issue with fighting large groups of nasties in prospector, Eventually you get a sixth sense for laggy situations and just avoid them, if i see 1 damn fungal species i instantly turn the hell around hop on my ship and blast off.

Like with nearly all roguelikes that are as expansive as this or cataclysm you kinda gotta expect and detect bugs as they are always lurking there, Its one of the draw backs to RL gaming, but at the same time its a staple of independent game development which in my view is always a good shining light.
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
~Albert Einstein
User avatar
XxXAlphamaleXxX
Redshirt
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue 1. Oct 2013, 07:35
Location: Washington State

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Spacehamster » Fri 25. Apr 2014, 17:51

Because I can.
[+] Spoiler
Image
Image
Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
User avatar
Spacehamster
Pilot
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon 30. Sep 2013, 12:57
Location: Minsc's hand.

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Spacewarp » Sun 27. Jul 2014, 23:04

You retire with 15,642 Cr. to your name. Your ship doesn't have the range to get back to civilization, you need to book a passage on a long range transport ship for that.

You board the next ship back to civilization, and arrive back home with 15,142 Credits.


One day you find the love of your life. You have a child.

After several years of work it's finally time to retire!

You sell your well going Mud's store and franchise.
Your life insurance finally pays out.
You finally settle down on your little planet Soon you build a nice house on it.
Only few in your communitiy are more powerfull than you are. You demand taxes, run a policeforce, and have influence on the legeslative process
What you can't do with your title, you can do with your assets. You can collect enough tax money to help building local infrastructure. You have more money than you could ever spend. The alliance you brokered holds and is successful at keeping the robot ships in check.

You pay little attention to news that come out of the sector where you earned your riches. That changes when SHI announces that they managed to control a type of automated alien scoutships, that was a threat to exploration and commerce in the sector before. Automated exploration becomes standard, and much safer for humans, but you are too old to be part of this new adventure.

And you finally pass on to the next adventure, one you will never return from.


T H E E N D

---

The only reason I had so few credits is that I dropped 350,000 on retirement benefits immediately before I retired. I'll post a link to the mission summary if everyone wants it. 8)
Spacewarp
Redshirt
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue 29. Apr 2014, 23:44

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Spacehamster » Tue 28. Oct 2014, 17:35

Oh, dear.
[+] Spoiler
Image
Sry for my engrish - i'm just a hamster :)

Space hamsters are never wrong!

Oh no! Its Wooly Rupert, the Tyrannohamstersaurus of Ill Omen!
User avatar
Spacehamster
Pilot
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon 30. Sep 2013, 12:57
Location: Minsc's hand.

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Jenkar » Tue 28. Oct 2014, 21:46

Today the captain of the Derp Enterprise died the quickest death yet known to Jenkarkind by closing his helmet in a space station, without having oxygen.
Jenkar
Redshirt
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun 26. Oct 2014, 21:19

Re: Whats happening in YOUR randomly generated universe? :)

Postby Sebastian2203 » Tue 28. Oct 2014, 23:36

R.I.P. poor captain, must have suffocated in his own CO2.

Mine generated universe is exploding because I am playing the "bugged" version...
Yes there are random tiles poping in poping out and my keyboard does not respond..

But it looks like special planet who knows.
Sebastian2203
Redshirt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun 3. Nov 2013, 14:43

PreviousNext

Return to Mission summaries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest